Meditating on scripture is a powerful way to renew our minds. Often I will assign my clients scripture studies as homework. Whatever emotion they are struggling with or faulty belief they are trying to displace – they’ll meditate on scriptures that fill them with the truth of what God says about it. I have them personalize the Bible verses for anxiety, replacing “you” for “me” etc. and pick one or two that really resonates with what God is saying to them about anxiety.
Sometimes it’s the verses we haven’t highlighted in our Bibles that we need to dwell on the most until our heads and hearts really agree they are true. And sometimes we just need to shift our focus to the positive opposite of whatever emotion we’re struggling with; for example with anxiety not just focusing on releasing the anxiety to God, but also filling up with his peace.
I hope these Bible verses for anxiety will help you shift out of anxious thoughts and into the peace God promises us in Philippians 4:6-7!
Bible Verses for Anxiety
- “Don’t be pulled in different directions or worried about a thing. Be saturated in prayer throughout each day, offering your faith-filled requests before God with overflowing gratitude. Tell him every detail of your life, then God’s wonderful peace that transcends human understanding, will make the answers known to you through Jesus Christ.” Philippians 4:6-7 (TPT)
- “And everything I’ve taught you is so that the peace which is in me will be in you and will give you great confidence as you rest in me. For in this unbelieving world you will experience trouble and sorrows, but you must be courageous, for I have conquered the world!” John 16:33 (TPT)
- “He offers a resting place for me in his luxurious love. His tracks take me to an oasis of peace, the quiet brook of bliss.” Psalm 23:2 (TPT)
- “May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’” Numbers 6:26 (NLT)
- “In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.” Psalm 4:8 (NLT)
- “The Lord gives his people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace.” Psalm 29:11 (NLT)
- “Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13 (NASB)
- “Now may the God of peace, who brought up from the dead our Lord Jesus—the great Shepherd of the sheep—with the blood of the everlasting covenant, equip you with all that is good to do His will, working in us what is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ. Glory belongs to Him forever and ever. Amen.” Hebrews 13:20-21 (HCSB)
- “Pour out all your worries and stress upon him and leave them there, for he always tenderly cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7 (TPT)
- “Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will hold on to you with My righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10 (HCSB)
- “Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.” 2 Thessalonians 3:16 (NIV)
- “When my troubling thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations comfort my soul.” Psalm 94:19 (TLV)
- “Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.” John 14:27 (NASB)
- “For you will go out with joy And be led forth with peace; The mountains and the hills will break forth into shouts of joy before you, And all the trees of the field will clap their hands.” Isaiah 55:12 (NASB)